Role type: Full time, Fixed-term for 12 months
Department/School: Business Services
Salary: Senior Manager 1 – Attractive remuneration package
- 1-year fixed-term opportunity to manage one of our core systems
- Collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders to enhance service delivery
- Embed and grow a solution-oriented, encouraging, and high-performing team culture
Founded in 1853, the University of Melbourne is Australia’s #1 university and is consistently ranked amongst the leading universities in the world. We are proud of our people, our commitment to research and teaching excellence, and our global engagement.
Within Business Services IT, the Enterprise Technology group work closely with the University stakeholders and technology partners to design, deliver and support sustainable IT solutions and services that address the University’s key and most challenging enterprise technology needs in support of achieving its strategic goals and ambitions.
About the Role
In this 1-year fixed-term opportunity, you will be responsible for leading the technical and functional support and enhancement of our Student Management System (StudentOne) and associated student administration systems.
You will partner with various business units and faculties across the organisation to advise them on how the system can best support their current and future business needs. Leading a new team of motivated Analysts and Developers, you will maintain and improve the platform – ultimately creating a better student experience.
In this diverse role, you will manage and prioritise all incoming demand, including existing and new workload, and provide stakeholder engagement, technical stewardship and product management for the applications.
We have recently done a lot of transformational work to facilitate cloud migration – This is a great opportunity to enhance the existing platform and leverage the new features and functionalities now available within the cloud.
In a typical week at work, you may:
- Provide proactive and ongoing management of the application lifecycle for all Student Administration Systems, including system maintenance, release and upgrade activities in line with the priorities of key University stakeholders
- Continuous improvement of the University’s IT applications management practices, processes and systems to improve the delivery and support of the suite of applications
- Proactively manage relationships with key University stakeholders and support the delivery of business process enhancements and system improvements in support of the University’s Student Administration activities
- Develop and implement operational plans, including workforce skills and capability planning aligned to agreed budget and success outcomes
An experienced IT professional, you will ideally have a background in student administration – systems and/or business administration – to hit the ground running on day 1. Your proactive, engaging approach enables you to quickly establish strong, trusted relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders and your strong communication skills allow you to translate complex information into an easy-to-understand format.
As strong leader, you will embed and grow a collaborative, high-performing culture and support, coach and mentor your team in their professional development.
Ideally, you will further have:
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant discipline(s) or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies and ITIL practices
- Extensive understanding of information systems and environments in the University sector, including the functional and non-functional use of these systems
- Expertise in prioritising and delivering a plan of work in collaboration with business, technology and external delivery partners, designed to meet strategic goals
- Experience in application support and enhancement practices across a range of enterprise information systems and related technologies; both on-premises and SaaS.
- Experience using and coaching teams to use Agile methodologies and tools, such as JIRA
Benefits of Working with Us
In addition to having the opportunity to grow and be challenged, and to be part of a vibrant campus life, our people enjoy a range of rewarding benefits:
- Flexible working arrangements and generous personal, parental and cultural leave
- Competitive remuneration, 17% super, salary packaging and leave loading
- Free and subsidised health and wellbeing services, and access to fitness and cultural clubs
- Discounts on a wide range of products and services including Myki cards and Qantas Club
- Career development opportunities and 25% off graduate courses for staff and their immediate families
To find out more, please visit https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/staff-benefits.
At UoM, we value the unique backgrounds, experiences and contributions that each person brings to our community, and we encourage and celebrate diversity. Indigenous Australians, those identifying as LGBTQIA+, females, people of all ages, with disabilities or culturally diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply for our roles. Our aim is to create a workforce that reflects the community in which we live.
If you feel this role is right for you, please apply with your CV and cover letter outlining your interest and experience. Please note that you are not required to provide responses against the selection criteria in the Position Description.
Please note, interviews may commence during the advertising period, please submit your applications at the earliest convenience.
Should you require any reasonable adjustments with the recruitment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team at [email protected].
Due to the impacts of COVID-19, we are currently prioritising applications with current valid working rights in Australia and candidates who are not affected by travel restrictions. Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
Position Description: Student Adm Systems Manager SM1 – April2022.pdf
Applications close: 22 May 2022 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time