Overview of AUBH:
AUBH is the first comprehensive, purpose-built, American-style co-educational university in the Kingdom of Bahrain and is supported through the Mumtalakat portfolio (https://mumtalakat.bh/industry/elm-fund/). The University offers a unique approach to education which fosters interaction and collaboration between students, faculty and the professional community, resulting in a holistic educational journey for students, going beyond theory into real-life practical situations.
Thinking holistically to the challenge of global employability readiness, AUBH curriculum is built by experts and specialists to equip students with the knowledge and soft skills to succeed in a rapidly changing and evolving environment. The AUBH quality of American-style education mirrors that of the best universities in the United States.
The brand-new 75,000 square meter campus is in Riffa, Bahrain. In addition to its open structures, AUBH incorporates innovative design in its education and social spaces, enhancing the learning and developmental experience for each student. Along with the classrooms, library and labs, the campus includes a Sports Center, indoor and outdoor courts and fields, a vast Student Commons, and an auditorium for special events.
AUBH is proud to be licensed by the Higher Education Council of the Ministry of Education of Bahrain, and is seeking accreditation with one of the six U.S. regional accreditors recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), holding the highest level of quality assurance at the institutional level.
Careers at AUBH:
The American University of Bahrain (AUBH) is currently seeking talented and dedicated faculty & staff members to join our growing institution. We offer a unique opportunity to work in the Kingdom of Bahrain, a country that is rich in culture and history, and has a rapidly developing economy.
Why work at AUBH:
- Competitive salaries and benefits.
- State of the art built-for-purpose 75,000 square meter campus.
- Offers a unique approach to education which fosters interaction and collaboration between students, faculty and the professional community, resulting in a holistic educational journey for students, going beyond theory into real-life practical situations.
- Strong focus on student success by providing our faculty with the resources and support needed to help students succeed.
- AUBH provides a unique opportunity to work in a multinational environment from over 15 different nationalities. This diversity allows for a dynamic and stimulating work environment, where you can learn from and collaborate with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Why live in Bahrain:
- Tax-free salary – Bahrain has no income tax, which means that faculty members can keep more of their salary.
- Low cost of living – Compared to many other countries, the cost of living in Bahrain is relatively low, making it an affordable place to live and work.
- Vibrant expat community: Bahrain is home to a large expat community, which provides opportunities to meet people from all over the world and experience different cultures.
- Great weather with a warm climate year-round, with temperatures averaging in the high 70s to low 80s Fahrenheit.
- English is widely spoken in Bahrain, it’s the language of business, and it’s widely used in the government and private sector. This makes it very easy for English-speaking expats to navigate daily life in Bahrain, and to integrate into the local community.
Specifically for our American applicants:
- According to the U.S. Department of State, Bahrain ranks amongst the top safest country for travel periodically. The government of Bahrain maintains a strong security presence throughout the country, and the crime rate is low.
- Bahrain is home to the U.S. Navy’s 5th Fleet, which is an important aspect of U.S. security interests in the region and a symbol of the strong relationship between the United States and Bahrain. The U.S Navy’s presence in Bahrain provides a range of opportunities for U.S. citizens working and living in the country, including access to facilities and various recreational and cultural events.
- The Foreign Earned Income Exclusion (FEIE) allows American citizens who are bona fide residents of a foreign country, or who are physically present in a foreign country for at least 330 days during a 12-month period, to exclude a certain amount of their foreign earned income from U.S. taxation. Example: For tax year 2022, the maximum amount of foreign earned income that can be excluded from U.S. taxation is $112,000 per person.
- According to Numbeo, a website that provides cost of living data for cities around the world, the cost of living in Bahrain is approximately 30% lower than the average cost of living in the United States.
The American University of Bahrain (AUBH) College of Business and Management invites applications for full-time faculty positions in Business Management, Digital Marketing, Finance, and Human Resources Management, starting in the Fall semester 2024-2025. Candidates are expected to hold a relevant degree obtained from a reputable university. Preferences will be given to candidates who have demonstrated excellent skills in teaching at the undergraduate level in both face-to-face and online modes. Relevant industry experience will be considered as an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Teach up to five courses per semester depending on the rank.
- Prepare course syllabus, plan lessons and assignments. Assess students’ progress by grading assignments, papers, exams, and other work. Advise students about which classes to take and how to achieve their goals. Work with colleagues to develop or modify the curriculum for a degree or certificate program involving a series of courses. Stay informed about changes and innovations in their field. Invigilating examinations. Attending faculty meetings. General administration work in relation to teaching and assessments’ quality assurance. Writing research proposals, papers, and other publications. Supervising projects/thesis of students.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in a related field, from a recognized institution.
- Experience in teaching in business programs at the higher education level. Preference will be given to candidates with degrees from the United States and to those with teaching experience at a higher education level in the United States.
Skills and Competencies required:
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with peers, leadership, and external constituents, including the business community.
- Knowledge and experience of using learning management systems (LMS). Demonstrate leadership aligned with AUBH core values of integrity, engagement, excellence, and desire to make a difference.