THE COLLEGE OF BUSINESS & MANAGEMENT
Through its excellence in teaching, research and innovation, the College of Business & Management (CBM) aims to nurture and develop competent business professionals, leaders and entrepreneurs with integrity who are critical thinkers and aspire to move Vietnam to a respectful position in the world.
The College offers two degree programs: Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Hospitality Management. With our AACSB compliance, Cornell University certified curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become leaders and innovators with entrepreneurial mindset, to be employed by top employers or successfully self-employed.
With a vision to become a research focused college, the College of Business and Management will soon offer different graduate programs and provide the desirable research environment for our faculty members to conduct world-class research and pursue advances in business. Moreover, with the advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of leading companies such as Vinpearl, Vinhomes, VinHMS, VinFast, VinTech, and Vincom Retail, the College will collaborate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough products, services and solutions.
VinUni seeks an entrepreneurial academic leader with rigorous academic credentials in business and management, and with strong administrative leadership background, to serve as the Dean of College of Business and Management (CBM). The Dean reports to the Provost and works with other leaders and colleagues across the University to pursue the vision and goals of the College, and the university. The Dean is expected to lead and promote the highest quality educational programs, research, service, and development activities of the College.
The Dean is the Chief Academic Officer of the College of Business and Management and provides leadership for the planning, development, implementation, assessment, and improvement of all academic programs, policies and supporting infrastructure. The Dean plays a critical role in setting the academic vision of the College, providing leadership to faculty and staff, and ensuring consistent quality standards in curriculum and programs to meet the needs of the students. The Dean oversees the academic integrity of the College and provides leadership in long-range planning, budgeting, curriculum, and program development. The Dean in collaboration with the Provost’s office ensures compliance with various accreditation agencies as well as federal accreditation and regulations.
Major responsibilities for this position include:
- Ensure that the highest-caliber academic scholars are recruited and appointed to key positions such as vice deans, program directors, and other senior faculty roles at the College.
- The Dean must ensure that the highest quality and start-of-the-art curriculum is implemented within the College.
- The Dean is expected to take the lead role in setting standards for admissions for all degree programs; actively promote the programs offered by the College; lead admission campaigns; and recruit high-quality students for the College and the university.
- The Dean along with the senior leadership team of the University must lead the effort to develop a strategy for research priorities of the College and establish cross-disciplinary initiatives that will put the College, VinUni, and Vietnam on the global map of thought leadership.
- VinUni is committed to using active, engaged, experiential and multidisciplinary pedagogy in all its programs and the Dean is expected to lead this effort for the college.
- The Dean is expected to engage with not only Vingroup and its affiliated companies, but also with other organizations in Vietnam and around the world to develop a robust and mutually beneficial industry engagement program. The Dean is responsible for preparing industry engagement opportunities for students and also maintaining good industry relationships
- The Dean is expected to ensure high quality international engagement opportunities such as exchange/dual degree with good universities
- To further build and firmly establish VinUni’s identity as a major university, it will be important for each College to start hosting academic collaboration events, such as roundtables, conferences, and symposia that bring academic scholars and industry executives to its campus for engaging discussions. The Dean must lead the process of hosting such events related to the College.
- As a member of the senior leadership team of the University, the Dean serves on university’s Academic Advisory Board and maybe be asked to take on special responsibility from time to time, based on availability, need, and urgency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Distinguished scholar with academic record to warrant the position of full professor at high-quality university (e.g. QS top “50 under 50 university”).
- Demonstrated experience with educational accreditations and regulations (i.e., AACSB).
- Successful experience in progressively responsible teaching, administrative, and educational leadership positions at a high-quality academic institution.
- Demonstrated successful experience in strategic planning, fiscal management, resource allocation, and personnel supervision preferably of a large and complex academic institution
- Demonstrated ability to work with faculty, staff, and students as well as community groups of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in English) and strong professional network.
- An appreciative understanding of the challenges that inevitably arise from the operation of a new University, with the patience, resilience, and ability to work collaboratively with diverse constituents of an institution to effectively resolve challenges and build opportunities to promote the mission and vision of the College/University.
- Respect and appreciation for the core values of VinUni: EXCEL (E: Empathy, X: Exceptional Capability, C: Creativity, E: Entrepreneurial Mindset, L: Leadership Spirit).
The salary and benefits are competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.