Department: Department of Corporate Economy – Faculty of Economics and Administration
Deadline: 27 Nov 2022
Start date: between January 1st and March 1st, 2023
Job type: full-time
Job field: Science and research
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, invites applications for the following position:
Assistant Professor in Organizational Behavior
The Department of Corporate Economy at Masaryk University is looking for a highly motivated, experienced full-time (40 hours a week) Associate professor with a clear research focus, publications in highly reputed international journals, and an established network of collaborators from leading European universities. Research interest in one of the following areas is beneficial: Business performance evaluation, Business process management, Innovation management, Logistics and supply chain management, or Knowledge-intensive enterprises.
The position is designed to allow the candidate to pursue their research agenda and develop new research projects in the aforementioned fields. The selected candidate will have an opportunity to develop or expand on his/her research agenda while leading a research group of two junior researchers and PhD candidates, seeking funding for research projects in the field and publishing in internationally recognized peer-reviewed journals. Active participation in teaching is integral part of the job. The position is open for experienced senior researchers as well as for talented young academics who are looking for their first associate professor position leading a research team at a reputed university.
What does the position entail?
- Publishing in top-tier academic journals in the field of Business and Management,
- leadership role in a research team,
- providing peer support to other teams within the department,
- seeking external research grants,
- participation in teaching bachelor and master courses in the Business Management program with a workload of 4 – 6 hours per week,
- supervision of master theses,
- supervision of doctoral students.
What do we require?
- Ph.D. in the field of Business Administration, Business Management, or related field,
- at least 5 years of experience in a postdoc, researcher, assistant professor, or associate professor position,
- multiple publications in the top 25% of journals in the field of Business, Management, or Operations Research,
- experience with the submission of research grant proposals and participation in research projects,
- established international collaboration, including collaboration with researchers from universities with a high international reputation,
- ability to lecture and communicate in the English language,
- interest in staying at the faculty for at least 3 years,
- the earliest starting date of the contract is the January 1st, 2023; a later starting date can be negotiated
What do we offer?
- A full-time (40 hours a week) Associate Professor (tenure-track) position at one of the highest-ranked universities in the region of Central and Eastern Europe,
- own team of at least two full-time assistant professors,
- support of experienced project and grant office,
- a 3-year initial contract (with possible extension and tenure),
- a yearly research budget of at least 3 000 EUR guaranteed by the department,
- a wage of 80 000 CZK/month (around 3 100 EUR) + bonuses (the median wage in the Czech Republic is about 34 000 CZK/month),
- opportunities for professional growth (e.g., university seminar series, internships, exchanges, participation in research projects),
- flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career,
- wide range of employee benefits (e.g., 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, contribution to pension savings, language courses, university cinema, exclusive mobile tariff, sports activities, vaccination),
- relocation support and help from the International Staff Office (ISO),
- friendly and international working environment,
- opportunity to work and live in a modern and safe city close to three European capitals Vienna, Prague, and Bratislava.
About the workplace
Masaryk University (MUNI) is an academically diverse and research-intensive university with a solid commitment to high-quality research and education. The university offers an inspiring research and teaching environment to its 35,000 students and 5,500 employees.
MUNI is located in the university city of Brno, Czech Republic. Based on the most recent OECD Better Life Index data, the Czech Republic ranks next to the US and the UK. Proximity to nature and other historical cities (e.g., Prague, Vienna, Budapest), variety of cultural and entertainment attractions, and top personal safety make Brno one of the top 100 university cities in the world according to students. More details can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kal6NSc_Nc
The Department of Corporate Economy is a part of Masaryk University, offering bachelor, master, and doctoral study programs in Business Management. The department develops a multidisciplinary pole of expertise to propose both fundamental and applied research. Department’s research activities include R&D investment and performance feedback; Family business continuity and performance; Customer classification, attitudes, and decision-making; New business models in the circular economy; Positive human resource management; Information systems business value; Knowledge management in projects and others. The departmental website is at the link: https://www.econ.muni.cz/en/about-us/organizational-structure/562000-deptof-corporate-economy
Application and selection procedure
The application shall be submitted online by November 27th, 2022, via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below).
The candidate shall provide the following:
- academic CV, including a summary of work experience, involvement in research projects, and description of teaching experience over the last 10 years,
- list of publication, although not mandatory you can provide ResearcherID and a link to an updated WoS Author profile (please include the ID and the link in the CV),
- a list of current international collaborations (names, institutions, type of collaboration) with a focus on collaborations with highly-ranked European universities,
- a Cover letter explaining the candidate’s motivation for the position just at Masaryk University and in the Czech Republic.
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
For further information about the position and the department, please contact the member of the department Eva Svandova, email: [email protected].
If you need help uploading your application or have any questions about the recruitment process, please contact the head of the HR department Jana Levá, email: [email protected]
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply regardless of personal background. The selection process is based on an Open Transparent Merit-based Recruitment Policy. Masaryk University does not discriminate in educational or employment opportunities or decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation. The faculty holds the HR Excellence Award.
Workplace: Faculty of Economics and Administration, Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: 3-year contract with possible prolongation and tenure-track academic position
EU Researcher Profile: R3
Working Hours: 1 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: between January 1st and March 1st, 2023
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: November 27th, 2022
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Brno, October 24th, 2022
Prof. Mgr. Jiří Špalek, Ph.D.
The Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Administration