Envision yourself in a collaborative, inclusive, and innovative work environment that has a deep commitment to position our graduates for success in their professional and personal lives. Visualize applying your energy and skills for an organization that respects and cares about its employees enough to offer some of the best benefits of the industry while encouraging every team member to grow, collaborate, and provide input on how to consistently make the workplace a place people love to work. Imagine working at a college that welcomes everyone — students, faculty, staff, and community members — regardless of their backgrounds, beliefs, or traditions. If what was just described is what you look for in a workplace, welcome to the University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS)!
The College of Business invites applicants to apply for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor in Business Analytics & Supply Chain Management. This is a 9-month, tenure-track faculty position in Business Analysis. Tenure-track faculty members are expected to engage in teaching, research, and service activities. The College of Business is AACSB accredited, and all faculty are required to contribute to the maintenance of AACSB accreditation.
Faculty in the UCCS College of Business should be devoted to teaching excellence. This faculty position will cover graduate and/or undergraduate courses in the areas of Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management and Quantitative Methods. In addition, new courses may be developed depending on curriculum requirements. Classes in other areas may be assigned as needed, and efforts will be made to find opportunities for the faculty member to teach in his/her/their areas of expertise. Classes may be in-person, online, or hybrid.
The faculty member should be committed to high-quality scholarly research and will be expected to maintain a strong and regular publication record.
The faculty member will be expected to engage in service activities to support the College, University, community, and/or professional associations.
Who We Are:
The AACSB International accredited College of Business enrolls approximately 2,000 students annually. The College of Business offers comprehensive undergraduate degrees, select master’s degrees, and professional programs that emphasize principle-based ethical decision making. Candidates are invited to view the college website at: https://business.uccs.edu/.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs (UCCS) is one of four campuses in the University of Colorado system and is home to over 9,000 undergraduate and 1,800 graduate students. We have a strong focus in fueling student success by creating, using, and maintaining a multitude of different offices and programs. Overall, UCCS is constantly focused of preparing our students to have success in the future, and we understand that every single employee on our campus has a significant effect on that focus. Find more information about working at UCCS here: https://hr.uccs.edu/work-at-uccs.
The city, which was recently ranked as the number nine Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report in 2023, known as Olympic City USA, rests at the base of Pikes Peak, the inspiration for the song “America the Beautiful” and a must-see for residents and visitors alike. With a mild climate and 247 days of sunshine each year, the Springs boasts some of the state’s best recreation opportunities. Find out more about living in Colorado Springs through the Visit Colorado Springs page: https://www.visitcos.com/.
Work Location: Typically, on-site; position may be partially remote, based on the semester-to-semester need of the department, as determined with the supervisor.
This position has been determined to be exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
What We Offer:
Assistant Professor: $120,870 – $128,870 per academic year.
Associate Professor: $130,940 – $136,900 per academic year.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
In addition, the College of Business provides travel and professional development funding.
- Medical insurance, with the lowest cost option being $0 to the employee
- Dental, Vision, Life and Disability insurance
- Mandatory retirement plans. Employees contribute 5% of their annual compensation. CU doubles that and contributes 10%
- Tuition Assistant Benefit available to you or a dependent
- Paid Parental Leave after 12 months of employment
- Faculty Housing Assistance Program
Tentative Search Timeline:
- Priority will be given to applications submitted by 5:00 PM Mountain Time on August 28, 2023 (Monday). However, this posting will remain open until filled.
- The potential dates for phone interviews with the search committee will be mid-September.
- The potential dates for in-person interviews with the supervisor and appointing authority will be late October.
- The potential employee start date is August 2024.
The University of Colorado Colorado Springs is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
UCCS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, the University of Colorado does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, political affiliation or political philosophy in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs. Alternative formats of this ad can be provided upon request for individuals with disabilities by contacting the Office of Human Resources at (719) 255-3372.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
Please note that while the position details both required qualifications as well as preferred qualifications below, we want applicants to be aware that they do not need to have all of the desired skills and experience to be considered for this position. If you meet the minimum qualifications, have passion for the work, along with experience in a related field, you are encouraged to apply. We encourage on-the-job training for any additional skills or knowledge that become relevant to the position.
Minimum Qualifications for Assistant Professorship:
- A Ph.D. degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Decision Sciences, or a closely related field; conferred by date of appointment.
- Specific expertise in Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management, Quantitative Methods, and/or Logistics obtained through the area of research (PhD dissertation and/or publications), educational history (courses taken), or teaching records (courses taught).
- Teaching experience in a higher education setting as an instructor of record or equivalent for at least one course teaching students in Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management, Quantitative Methods, or Logistics, or closely related business topics. The teaching experience can occur during or after graduate studies, full- or part-time.
Minimum Qualifications for Associate Professorship:
- A Ph.D. degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Decision Sciences or a closely related field.
- Specific expertise in Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management, Quantitative Methods, and/or Logistics obtained through the area of research (PhD dissertation and/or publications) or teaching records (courses taught).
- A full-time appointment as an Assistant or Associate Professor at one or more AACSB accredited College(s) of Business for a total of at least five years.
- Full-time teaching experience in a higher education setting as an instructor of record or equivalent for at least five years, teaching students in Business Analytics, Supply Chain Management, Quantitative Methods, or Logistics, or closely related business topics.
- Six or more peer-reviewed journal publications in journals included in the ABDC journal list.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- Employee is occasionally required to have long periods of sitting, moderate bending, moderate energy requirements, and fine motor skills.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the established essential functions and meet the physical and environment demands described satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability, physical and environmental conditions required of the employee on the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, physical and environmental demands.
Applicants with disabilities: If you have a mental or physical impairment, which limits one of your major life activities (e.g. walking, hearing, seeing, speaking, breathing, or learning) and require special accommodations for testing or interviewing, it is your responsibility to notify the office scheduling the interview or test at least 3 working days before the interview or test date. If you need special accommodations at the work site, you must notify the appointing authority or Human Resources.
Special Instructions to Applicants: • Priority will be given to applications submitted by 5:00 PM Mountain Time on August 28, 2023 (Monday). However, this posting will remain open until filled. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers (job #: 30412). • Official transcripts will be required upon hire. • Statements of teaching effectiveness and research philosophy are required as part of the application. If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected]. Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact. The successful candidate must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States upon hire. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References, Unofficial transcript(s), Statement of Research Philosophy, Statement of Teaching Philosophy, Additional Attachments – Refer to Application Materials Instructions Below Application Materials Instructions: To apply, please submit the following application materials to this posting. (1) A COVER LETTER that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. (2) A current CV. Must include date ranges to include month and year (mm/yyyy) and whether the position was full time or part time. Include any and all relevant experience to be accurately assessed against the qualifications listed in the posting. (3) A list of five professional REFERENCES. (4) UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS. (5) STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PHILOSOPHY. (6) STATEMENT OF TEACHING PHILOSOPHY. (7) EVIDENCE OF TEACHING EFFECTIVENESS such as student evaluations and a list of courses taught. When submitting the materials, check the Job Specific Attachments box next to each document in order for the search committee members to see your materials.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Colorado Springs Department: C0001 — Colorado Springs Campus – 40025 – BUS-Administrative Ops
Posting Date: Jul 26, 2023
Unposting Date: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Ying Fan, Search Committee Chair Posting Contact Email: [email protected] Position Number: 00450701
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.